Sunday 7 July 2013

Day 4 July 6

So I've promised to keep this blog authentic, sharing everything including the good, the bad and the ugly. Well this crossing falls in the ugly category for me. Just before leaving Fiji I developed some pain in my leg and hips, which seemed to go from bad to worse once we got underway. Combined with my seaseickkness (which I have never had like this), I have been rendered almost comotose for the entire passage. Peter has been in essence a single-hander, as the msst I could do was drag myself to hang over the rails when I needed to. I can tell you thisnow and not have you worry (especaily Oma)since I'm writing this at 5 in the morning of our final day. I couldn't even get to the computer yesterday. The good news is that the crossing has been light with winds never exceeding 15 knots and with only a few sprinklings of rain and absolutely no storms, so Peter was okay on his own. I had also pre-made our daily meal, which Peter insisted I ate at least some of. At night, I was banished to the cabin and he kept watch (cat napping and waking every hour to check on things). We are expecting to make ;andfall today just after noon. I will be very happy to hoist the Vanautu flag and our customs flag to await the customs officer to come to us by dugout canoe to clear us in to the country. I am hopeful that I will feel better very soon, as I do think some of his pain is stress related, as I get nervous before every crossing. In reality, this is probably my last crossing so Peter will be looking for someone to join him on the crossing to Australia. (sorry for the poor spelling in this email, I am using Peter's keyboard with only a red light and I just need to get this done for posting and me to get out in the fresh air again). We are unable to post in the afternoons and evenings, so I will post tomorrow to let you know we arrived safe and soung.

No comments:

QuickStar

QuickStar
46 foot Beneteau

The journey begins.....

I update this blog every Friday, so that you can share in our adventure and learn about new places and cultures.

Only the most recent blog shows up on this page. To see former postings, please click on the Archives below.

Thanks for dropping in to visit. Hugs from Diana and Peter.